according to chapter 4
- 1. The mining and chemical branch, as well as the majority mining and processing industries, endures a maturity now. The branch is characterized by excess of rates of a gain of production capacities over growth rates of the market that in the short term will lead to overproduction of production on all segments of branch (nitric, phosphoric and potash). The mature mining and chemical branch imposes new requirements for successful development of the companies at this conjuncture. The entry of branch in a maturity significantly changes the branch competitive environment that, in turn, demands development of new approaches to search and formation of competitive advantages of the mining and chemical companies. At the same time during the predicted essential excess of the offer over demand in the conditions of a maturity of branch search of new strategic decisions is necessary for the domestic mining and chemical companies for realization of defensive strategy of business - the strategy of deduction of the existing market share.
- 2. In the last decade the world and domestic mining and chemical companies are concentrated on management of expenses. However the mining and chemical companies face a serious problem of restriction of growth on the basis of traditional measures today, have reached a so-called critical point (a non-return point). All this imposes certain restrictions for future growth of mining and chemical holdings and a possibility of increase in efficiency of production activity at the expense of traditional measures. Besides, the mature mining and chemical branch imposes new requirements for successful development of the companies at this conjuncture of the market. The above- mentioned defines need of transition from traditional competitive advantages of the mining and chemical companies and traditional measures for management of expenses to competitive advantages which are based on key competences (core competencies). Not the sphere of production, but the sphere of development of competences in marketing and logistic activity and services will become the center of an increment of profit of the mining and chemical companies in the short term.
- 3. In work conceptual vision of transformation of the traditional competitive advantages (CA) of the mining and chemical company is presented to the competitive advantages based on key competences and also the card of formation by the mining and chemical company of both types of competitive advantages. At the same time formation of the competitive advantages based on key competences demands formation of a so-called superstructure on competitive advantages of traditional character.
- 4. A strategic objective of the mining and chemical companies is ensuring proximity to end users of production that demands strategic changes in systems of logistics and distribution, in production and scientific and innovative development of the companies. One of priority tasks of the mining and chemical companies - development of own logistic and distributor network and increase in flexibility of a distribution system.
- 5. As it has been noted, the mining and chemical companies seek to provide highly effective strategic management, however there are problems of methodical providing which need to be solved. The companies partially come to formation of new competitive advantages, significant in the conditions of mature branch. However lack of system approach to formation of such advantages, not adapted ness of the main methods and tools, lack of complexity and scientific study of these questions takes place. For this purpose development new or adaptation of the existing methods of strategic management to mature mining and chemical branch with her market and branch features is necessary. As a result of a research the author has carried out systematization of various methods of strategic management and the corresponding card is made.
- 6. Strategic development of the Russian mining and chemical holdings on the basis of key competences will also allow to reduce dependence of the companies on advantages of resource character and will promote ensuring qualitatively new level of development and strengthening of positions of the domestic companies in the key markets. Saving the status of the producer with low expenses (generally due to resource competitive advantages) with simultaneous strengthening of positions in the priority key markets, strengthening of customer focus and mutually beneficial relations with consumers (due to search and formation of new competitive advantages) has to become a strategic objective of the domestic mining and chemical companies.
- 7. The combined approach to formation of competitive advantages is the most acceptable in the conditions of development of the mining and chemical company. The combined approach means orientation to formation, development and maintenance as traditional competitive advantages which are basic for the mining and chemical company, and competitive advantages based on key competences which represent a superstructure on traditional competitive advantages. At the same time the competitive advantages created on the basis of the combined approach are a basis of effective competitive strategy.