according to chapter 1
1. The strategic analysis is the predetermining and proving stage in the course of strategic planning and development of strategy. Carrying out the strategic analysis is a necessary condition of effective strategic management of the companies of any industry, however universal approach in view of specific differences of separate branches doesn't exist. Any methods of the strategic analysis demand adaptation to specific features of specific industries. Main features of strategic management of the mining companies following: scale and high capital intensity of production; institutional regulation of subsurface use; uniqueness of mineral deposits; the long period of realization and irreversibility of the made decisions; high level of transaction expenses; high degree of specificity of assets; high strategic and social importance of the companies; prevalence of oligopolistic structure of the market; lack of ample opportunities for decrease in risks due to diversification of production; insufficiency of scientific and methodical study of questions of strategic planning of mining production. On the basis of the conducted research systematization of the main tools of the strategic analysis is offered and their importance for the mining companies is revealed.
- 2. Despite attractive fundamental characteristics of branch on production of mineral fertilizers (limitation of stocks of potash and phosphoric resources, growth of the population of the planet, limitation of land resources, a high capital intensity of branch and increase in demand for alternative energy sources (biofuel)), in the next years decrease in rates of a gain of consumption of fertilizers in connection with limited solvent demand will be observed. The world industry of fertilizers is subject to surplus of the offer that can lead to reduction of prices of fertilizers and the income of the mining and chemical companies. In consumption of mineral fertilizers China and India on a global scale are in the lead, and change of a position and behavior of these two largest players have significant effect on the world market of fertilizers.
- 3. The mining and chemical branch develops under the influence of a number of factors, such as a geographical arrangement of mineral deposits; various volumes and types of the consumed mineral fertilizers in different regions; measures of state regulation of agrarian policy of the countries producers and consuming countries of fertilizers; conditions of international trade in agricultural production and fertilizers; positions and behavior of the largest players of the world market (China, India, Brazil) and some other. Demand for fertilizers directly is defined by producers of agricultural products. Dynamics of the market and recurrence of branch defines changes of demand and the prices, in this regard continuous monitoring of the current situation is necessary. The market of mineral fertilizers is highly concentrated, differs in the raised volatility, uncertain price forecasts and badly predictable change of demand in various regions of sale. One of the main features of the market of mineral fertilizers - his oligopolistic character. The branch is in a maturity, there is strengthening of the global competition for a market share, rivalry of the companies is displaced in a services sector and sales of products.
- 4. Strategic competitive development of world mining and chemical holdings in general is defined by two groups of factors: specific branch conditions, and also current trends of development of the world (national) market and a competitive situation on him, that is branch and market factors.
- 5. The Russian industry of mineral fertilizers is export-oriented in connection with low demand for fertilizers from domestic landowners and the high cost of production in the world markets. The Russian mining and chemical holdings produce about 10% of world volume of mineral fertilizers. The main problems of the Russian mining and chemical companies - low solvency of landowners, lack of necessary logistic capacities for transfer of mineral fertilizers, high tariffs of the Russian Railway, increase in prices for raw materials, slow updating of the production equipment. Competitiveness of the Russian mining and chemical holdings is still based on resource advantages that further development of branch puts at essential risks.
- 6. The world mining and chemical companies realize the defensive strategy of business - the strategy of deduction of the existing market share. Search of effective strategy and sources of competitive advantages to timely adaptation to branch and market conditions is necessary for large Russian and foreign players of the world market of mineral fertilizers. Development of new forms of adaptation to the increasing competitive pressure in the world markets by search and justification of new sources competitive advantage - business elements which will provide essential (significant) advantage over the existing and future competitors is necessary.
- 7. The above-mentioned causes a strategic importance of such directions of the mining and chemical companies as development of logistic system and expansion of geography of deliveries, flexibility of production lines, the wide product range, release of highly marginal products, partnership with buyers (production of fertilizers to order, deliveries precisely in time, processing of orders, electronic calculations, etc.). These directions become more and more significant factors of the competition. On the basis of the carried-out analysis, the revealed tendencies of development of the market, features of branch on production of mineral fertilizers conceptual bases of development of branch with allocation of parameters of consumption and sales of products are developed.